The tiny gecko no bigger than a child's thumbnail that's become a house pet

Creature is believed to be a house gecko common in the Philippines
When first caught the size lizard was half the size of owner's thumbnail
After a year it has only grown to the size of his palm

By DAILY MAIL REPORTER

My-newt: This is one of the worlds smallest reptiles that is no bigger than a child's thumbnail. The incredible creature, believed to be a typical house gecko common in the Philippines

This is one of the world's smallest reptiles that is no bigger than a child's thumbnail.
The incredible creature, believed to be a typical house gecko common in the Philippines, is not your typical first pet for children, but amateur snapper Corin Lenisco couldn't resist his charm.
The 14-year-old has always been excited at the sight of the mini lizards and has always been intrigued by their diminutive lives.

New pet: Amateur snapper Corin Lenisco couldn't resist his charm. When first caught the size lizard was half the size of Corin's thumbnail - and after a year it has only grown to the size of his palm

And after catching this cheeky critter to scare his sister, Corin decided to keep the lizard as a pet - as feeding and cleaning chores prove more than manageable for a teenager.

Corin, from the Philippines, said: 'My older sister has always been afraid of lizards ever since she was young so every time I see a lizard I try to catch it and scare her.
'I was just walking around the house when I saw the lizard and I moved to catch it right away. But because it was such a baby lizard I didn't think my sister would be too scared so I decided to keep him as my own.'
When first caught the size lizard was half the size of Corin's thumbnail - and after a year it has only grown to the size of his palm.

source: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2350789/The-tiny-gecko-bigger-childs-thumbnail-thats-house-pet.html
My Facebook
My Google+
Contact me